Experienced Computer Engineer with a extensive track record in delivery high-qualitative solutions for the Public and Private Sector, Government and Research.
Having led and taken part in a multitude of challenging projects across a broad range of sectors and industries, including Information Security, Digital Identity, Digitalization of Processes and Computer Vision, using the right technologies and adopting high quality standards for the design and delivery of solutions, I’m able to collaborate with senior stakeholders, project leaders and ultimately deliver client-focused results on time and within budget. Being never done learning, being able to think big and keep always the big picture in mind, improving myself and staying curious have defined my 10-years-old professional career.
- Requirements Capturing
- Project Planning
- Technology Implementation
- Agile/Scrum pratictioner and TDD
- Infrastructure as Code
- Release and Build Engineering
Recent Professional Experience
2015 - Present: Senior Software Engineer @ OpenLimit SignCubes GmbH, Berlin, Germany
- Vice Team Lead of eID-Solutions team.
- Design and implementation of different software solutions for customers and partners, focusing on technical areas such as eID/eIDAS, AusweisIdent, PKI, Multi-Factor authentication, Signature Services, IoT, Healthcare and Data security.
- Implementation of Technical Guidelines from Bundesamt fur Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik (BSI) for eID solutions.
- Implementation of Technical Specifications from Gematik for the Konnektor SignaturProxy solution for the Healthcare digitalisation.
- Introduction and establishing of workflows and concepts such as Integration and Infrastructure-as-Code, in a Test Driven Development setting, adopting extensively Docker Containers and Vagrant Boxes for testing.
- Introduction of automatic enforcement of Coding Guidelines and static analisys of source code.
Oct 2012 – Feb 2015: R&D Engineer – Computer Vision Department @ Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, Berlin, Germany
- Research and writing of scientific publications on multi camera calibration, people detection and 3D reconstruction topics.
- Core software engineer responsible of the development and delivery of solo and team based projects, including a multi-million euro cross-universities proof of concept based on a multi camera 3D video surveillance setup for public transportation, a real time occupancy mapping for train seats and an intelligent single camera tracker.
- Administration of IT infrastructure, including the management of virtual machines and the adoption of continuous integration methodologies to improve the software development lifecycle.
- Independent Software Developer, Berlin, Germany (2011-2014)
- CTO @ Be3De/InnerVision, Potsdam, Germany (2011-2012)
- BI Analyst @ Lombardia Informatica SpA, Milano, Italy (2011)
- Lecturer @ Politecnico di Bari, Bari, Italy (2010)
C++ (up to 17) Stack, including CMake/CPack, Conan, Google Test, Catch, Doctest, Clang-Format, CppCheck, gdb, Valgrind, WIX, DEB/RPM and DMG packaging.
Java (up to 14) Stack, including Maven, SonarQube, Checkstyle, JUnit, JakartaEE, JPA, JaxWS, Jaxb, Vaadin, JBoss/Wildfly, Thorntail, Glassfish, Tomcat.
PHP (up to 7.4) Stack, including Composer, PHPUnit, PHPInsights, PHPStan, CakePHP, Nginx, Apache httpd, Wordpress, OpenCart.
HashiCorp Stack, including Packer, Vagrant and Terraform for Intrastructure as Code.
DevOps tools: Bash scripting, Docker and Docker-Compose, Harbor, LDAP/Active Directory, Jenkins, GitLab, SonaType Nexus and JFrog Artifactory.
2011: Master, Engineering Informatics; Politecnico di Bari (Bari, Italy)
2008: Bachelor, Engineering Informatics; Politecnico di Bari (Bari, Italy)
Italian (native), English (fluent), German (fluent)
Contributions and Memberships
Personal projects and relevant contributions for open-source projects can be found on my GitHub Profile.
Co-author of many scientific publications, all available through my Google Scholar page.
Member of the International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS) for year 2014 and 2015.